Maybe it’s completely wrong to you to have anything but a wedding cake for dessert!? It’s a long-standing tradition along with the cutting of the cake, but as couples continue to customize their weddings, foregoing certain traditions is quite common. If you’re looking to do something different and memorable
(and cake just isn’t your thing), we’ve compiled desserts options to try at your own wedding, birthday or event!
These sweets could even be in addition to your cake if you’re wanting to provide another option for you guests! The only reasonable thing left to do next is continue on your research, and taste test some of these yummy treats!
If you’re still looking to nail down your wedding photographer, don’t forget to make sure they can schedule an engagement session with you and your fiance. Why do we highly recommend adding an engagement session with your chosen photographer? Let us explain…
- Having photos for your possible save the dates or wedding/reception invites is always a plus! You will most likely receive a few AMAZING shots you know will work perfect as the backdrop for your save the dates, holiday cards, shower or reception invites.
- This may be the only time you have professional photos done as couple in your everyday attire at the special locations of your choice. While emotions, nerves and excitement can run high on your wedding day, engagement sessions allow for one-on-one time with no distractions to capture you both at your best.
- This is the BEST opportunity to get familiar with your photographer, so you head into your wedding that much more comfortable and confident when being photographed again. Unless you have a wedding coordinator, there is no vendor you interact with more on your wedding day than your photographer. We believe the less awkward time getting to know your photographer on your wedding day, the better.
Feel free to contact us for photographer availability on your wedding day or to add on a engagement session to a COMPLETE weddings + events wedding photography package.
This sort of “practice” session with your photographer reaps some major benefits! If you have any sort of chance to be just that much more prepared for your wedding day, take advantage.
As you dwell on the #bestdayever, it can be difficult to avoid thinking about a few things in regret. Maybe the sun didn’t show or your earring fell out during pictures. While we hope you have none, we want to share three common wedding regrets to help you prepare for your own day.
- Missing out on a photo op with a special someone
Work with your photographer to add specific people outside your immediate family who might not be in their standard wedding photo list. Maybe your great aunt is flying in from Washington, your cousin just had the cutest newborn, or you’ve just never had a great photo of you and your grandpa. Of course we wish we could get a photo with everyone, but really think about who you’ll regret not having a professional photo with.
- Not hiring a videographer
Did you know videographers are typically more affordable than your photographer? Photo stills of the day will always be a timeless piece of memorabilia, but with the day being such an epic blur to most brides and grooms, getting to actual rewatch the emotions as they unfolded in those special moments is quite astonishing and moving.
- Worrying about the little details too much
Centerpieces, playlists, seating arrangements, bridesmaid dresses, room decor, something blue. Seriously we could go on for a while here. When many brides and grooms look back, they stressed a little too much on some smaller details that just didn’t really matter in the scope of things. When you’re caught up in the moment on if your napkins should be white or cream, try to keep a rational mentality. Remind yourself, this day is about you and your partner and celebrating your love.
Unfortunately, you can’t control the weather or your tears as they start streaking down our flawless foundation in an emotional moment (if you can, we applaud you!). BUT you can think through these three common regrets to help you recall your wedding in all it’s glory!